Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Heat Index of 135 degrees F

RollerCon was AWESOME! More details later, that's going to be a long post.

Oklahoma did a wonderful weather welcome home, temperatures matching those in Vegas (103 / 104) but adding in that humidity factor to drive up the heat index to about 135 (so maybe that's just what it feels like). Our practice space charges $300 per day for us to turn on the air conditioner. So, considering it's full of girls that spend their last dollar on wheels, we don't pay and instead suffer through dehydration headaches, heat-induced vomiting, and the possibility of fainting. Fun.

Considering my sweat contained more alcohol than Oklahoma beer on Monday, I only made it through half the practice. And we didn't even do laps! Lame, I know.

Yesterday we had maybe 20 girls start practice, with only 13 finish. I admit I had to take a couple breaks when I got cold chills, I can't imagine how bad it would have been without the 100 oz of water during the day. And my boyfriend came to video the scrimmage at the end of practice. I haven't seen it yet, but I'm sure it's B-E-A-utiful. <--sarcasm

I am pretty proud of myself for being one of only two people to make practice after rollercon, those other three didn't strap on skates this week! And Rose is a badass, I want to be her when I grow up and become a real derby girl. :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine skating outdoors in the heat of Vegas let alone you guys matching that and then adding in the humidity factor. You're a stronger woman than me!

    ReplyDelete